Monday, September 08, 2014

Reconnecting

This past weekend I reconnected with an old friend who now lives in California. She is visiting the city for a few days before returning home. It was great hearing from her. 

This event reminds me of the times I reconnected with my true feelings. Sometime in the busyness of daily life we lose touch with ourselves. There comes a day when you feel tired, stagnant, empty. I ran out of gas. I reached a crossroads. It's not a good feeling because you feeling like you're in a rowboat in the middle of the ocean with no oars.   

Appreciating the moments that we're in  makes life worthwhile and with meaning. We can't control some things that happen in daily living but it shouldn't overwhelm us. Take the time to smell the roses. Daily duties will always be with us; friendships and precious moments won't always be there.

No comments: