Thursday, November 06, 2014

Post Election Toughts

The mid term elections are over. The question that comes to mind is-will anything change? I'm of the opinion that we , the people, will have to change AND do the changing. WE need to step up and make the changes that need to be made.

What we are seeing here is a transition. I see a transition of the way we do things. I's sad that many people vote out of fear rather than knowing what the candidates really stand for. I make a habit of doing my home work on each candidate running. Things I look at are their voting record, where they stand on issues, who they get their financing from and so forth. People need to really do their homework on the candidates. I never tell people who they should vote for-that's an individual choice. 

Regarding transgender concerns, I believe that it will be a topic that will have bearing in future electrons. However, WE must work together to foment change. NO one politician can do that-only us. Change will not come from the mainstream organizations because they take money from the government and thus are compromised. It will be the grassroots organizations, people of color, women, young people, the disabled, elderly, and immigrants would will lead the change. 

Some states will be very tough (Texas, for one) but progressing is being made, albeit slowly. We must not give in to disappointment, despair, and bitterness. Another election is coming in two years.

No comments: