Sunday, May 17, 2015

Joyful

Today was a mild and sunny Sunday. Services at church was good. People complimented my wife and me on our attire. Later in the day we strolled home to our residence. 

As I lie in bed taking rest, tears of joy swept through me. I thought about all my friends who have helped me through the years. I thought about the acceptance I have received from my church family as a transgender person. I though about the transgender women I see at or bimonthly meetings. I was happy to see a transitioning woman come back to church after many months. I offered condolences to a church member who lost his father. I thought about all the struggles I've had and still live life in a positive way. 

Pride month is coming up in two weeks and I pray that many of my TGLBQ brothers and sisters will remember where they come and be proud of who they are. Yes, there are struggles and stresses but I wouldn't change anything that has happened in my life. 

No comments: