Thursday, May 14, 2015

Love My Brother and Sister; Partiality Is Unchristian

I host a weekly internet radio show about the bible from a transgender perspective. The past two programs have dealt with loving God but hating a brother or sister and the warning against partiality. How someone can say that they love God and hate their brother or sister is an oxymoron. Showing partiality is akin to hate. Someone will treat one person one way because they are rich or look or think like them, while they will show disdain and disrespect to another person because they are a different race, socioeconomic status, thinks outside the box. This is one of the reasons, I believe that many TGLBQ people are turned off by religion and church.

With transgender issues coming to the fore, that some people's love is being put to the test. Some  will say that I need to pray more because I'm a sinner. Or that I will damage the minds of children. Or that I'm a pervert. Christ died for me also. He created me the way I am. He has affirmed me as His transgender child. I find myself wanting to speak to groups and churches and share my story. 

There's a lot to do in the church reading TGLBQ topics. I wonder if the people who sit in the pews spewing their hate ever thought that there could be a transgender person sitting next to them or that your daughter could be lesbian. I wonder if they ever thought that everything their profession of loving God falls hollow simply by their actions. 

This topic has been on my mind the past few weeks. Many things are changing right before my eyes. I want to be a part of that change. Above all, I will love my brother and sister as Christ loved me. 

No comments: