Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Bittersweet Few Weeks

The past few weeks have been bittersweet for me. I'm still smarting from the Tamara Dominguez death in Kansas City a few weeks ago. Any death of transgender people is sad but the Dominguez murder really hit me. It was inhuman and criminal. 

A friend of my sister passed also at only forty-eight years young. My sister's health aide's brother passed away at twenty. It's been a weird time to say the least. For a trans woman personal safety is an issue with the increased visibility we face. We talked about this in our discussion group last night.


All wasn't sad though. On Saturday I attended a wedding were two lesbians friends of mine married. It was a wonderful occasion for everyone. Both women had large families in attendance.  This ended the week on a positive note. 

No comments: